[OM] A Question About Batteries

Subject: [OM] A Question About Batteries
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 06:55:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Yesterday I got started on converting a Gossen Luna Pro and a Lunasix from
mercury batteries to silver oxide.  While browsing an electronics parts
catalogue to double-check the dimensions for a nylon spacer sleeve, I happened
to notice that zinc-air bateeries are available in the same size as the SR44
silver oxide batteries.  Since the zinc-oxide batteries are 1.4V I was
wondering if they are suitable as a drop-in replacement for the 1.35V mercury
batteries.  If so, it would negate the need to take the light meters apart to
do the conversion and I would only need to make the nylon spacer sleeve.

     The zinc-oxide batteries have a capacity of 600mAh, well above the 170mAh
of the silver oxide batteries.

     Anyone know of this substitution having been made?

Chris