Re: [OM] Beers [was - some pictures from Boston in 2011]

Subject: Re: [OM] Beers [was - some pictures from Boston in 2011]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 01:24:43 -0700
On 7/16/2012 7:47 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Moose, seconds after hitting Send, I thought about that.

Well, OK then. :-)

> The one we're a
> part of tends to frown on it, but there are regional exceptions.
> Personally, I was high risk for an alcohol problem, so backing away from
> the snarling bear was a good thing for me.

I'm perfectly happy with those who drink and those who don't - as long as
neither proselytizes. It seems you made a very
wise choice. I could never be an alcoholic, for metabolic reasons, so I don't
worry.

> Can't say that I'm 100% successful, but my liver is still intact.
>
> Coffee and tea is another story... Don't go mess'n with my espresso.

I drank coffee, quite heavily much of the time, but just lost interest one day
years ago. I decided that if my body
didn't want it, I wasn't going to try to overrule it. Funny thing is that now I
can get up and be fully awake almost
immediately, no matter how much or little sleep I've had, while the coffee
hounds around me are dragging about. Drives
Carol a little nuts.

Caffeinated teas taste OK to me, but again, there's just no desire, and herbal
teas are fine, but I don't often feel the
need. Water is really good.

Wake Me When It's Over Moose