Re: [OM] OT BW Photo: 7/12/12

Subject: Re: [OM] OT BW Photo: 7/12/12
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:17:49 -0400
Epson good. The 3880 is particularly adept at black and white. There's a school
of thought that says you should turn off photoshop manages color when printing
black and white with Epsons and let the printer driver manage. The problem with
this is as you make adjustments as to coolness or warmness, you don't see your
image, but an Epson image. As a rule, with the 3880, I just print away with
photoshop managing color, and I haven't had a problem. Most of the time I've
got a bit of tone in the image anyway, so I need to use the normal mode rather
than Epson driver mode.

As always, your mileage may vary. Can't recall which Epson you have.

--Bob