Re: [OM] More OT BW

Subject: Re: [OM] More OT BW
From: Michael Wong <michael1015@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 16:08:15 +0800
Joel,
Yes, I do develop my B&W films with HC110 but not in general formula. My
teacher who taught me to develop films which were taken in different
contrast environment with different dilutions. Most important, I'll go to
print out the pictures by conventional enlarging way in dark room, he
taught me to develop the film a bit of "thicker" that will be more easy to
printing in dark room. Normally, 1:20 for normal contrast environment, 1:10
or 15 for low contrast environment,  1:30 for high contrast environment. He
and I would like to develop the film "harder".

But there is another story for my professional photographer friend, he took
film but will go to digital output finally. He always prints the pictures
in 40"~80" due to his job needed. He will develop the films "thiner" to get
more details when scanning. There are two different ways for conventional
printing & digital printing.

Large format is a very good machine for someone who will develop his films
self. I may develop film one by one with different dilutions for different
contrast environment. Except you will take all pictures in same contrast
environment for a roll film.

Regards,
Michael