Re: [OM] Was: IMG: Maria and Rosaura Perez Now: Desktop vs Laptop

Subject: Re: [OM] Was: IMG: Maria and Rosaura Perez Now: Desktop vs Laptop
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:05:36 +0800
I was also prepared to upgrade my 5 years old core 2 duo 3.06GHz computer to
an i7 as I want the speed for video editing. Unfortunately my wife's laptop
was dead last month so we need a replacement. Finally we decided to go for a
fast Laptop so I can use it for video if necessary.

We purchased a Samsung RF511-S08 with i7 2670, 8GB RAM and 1600x900
display. The LCD just like most laptop with poor viewing angle and far from
the sRGB spec I wanted. I tried to profile it with Spyder 2, it worked
better at first but after reboot it cannot load the profile data, checked
with the web many people has the same problem with Window 7.  I gave up as I
won't use it for photo editing anyway. Finally, I just made some minor twist
under the display drive setting.

Since you want a computer to drive two monitors, there is no reason to buy a
laptop. Your selection of Ivy bridge i5 and 8G RAM is good. I think the new
Z77 mother boards support dual display, you may not need a seperate graphic
card. You can put the extra money for a faster processor.

C.H.Ling