Re: [OM] Film scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanning
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:24:20 -0400
Unfortunately, ZeroStat is out of business (according to one of the
reviews) and the only place to buy the gun is Amazon.  It's $99.  Do you
think it's worth $99?  Will it really work forever?

http://www.amazon.com/Zerostat-Anti-static-Gun/dp/tech-data/B0033SHDSS/ref=de_a_smtd

Thanks,

Tina

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM, <orink@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've had good luck using a "works forever" tool from my serious vinyl
> record cleaning days.  It's called a ZeroStat model 3.  It has a gun-like
> shape.  One pulls the "trigger" very slowly while aiming the device at a
> slide or piece of film, etc., and peizo-electric charges are generated.
>  One waves it over the film while pulling the trigger and any charges on
> the dust present are netralized and come off more easily with one of those
> "film brushes" with the radioactive strip built in to the frame of the
> brush that used to be available from the photographic stores.
> As Ever, Orin

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com