Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:24:27 -0500
Hi Mike,

Nice butterfly image, however you got it.

Dean pointed out that one needs the light to strike the wing at a shallow
angle, so that the ribs and textures of the butterfly wing are made more
apparent by the slight shadows.  He has put together a flash on a boom to
place the light where he wants it to be.  I have no flash that is compatible
with the E-1, so I must get in position and watch the insect move about
until the light is where I would like it to be.

Today, I was successful in getting one shot that met that criteria.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA