Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs

Subject: Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:53:16 -0500
I have known the owner of this place for quite a while:

http://ucamera.com/

I dropped off some C-41 for process a week or so ago and learned that
their machine had gone belly up.  However, he will replace it because he
said that though the business is not at a high volume, it is steady.  A
bit like the LP business.  (Did you see Joe Walsh's latest recording?
"Analog Man.")

I will let folks know when they are back up and running.  It seems to me
that they are a good alternative to know about if you are in a location
where the only practical solution is to work through the mail.  I am
more than a satisfied customer, however.  This guy has one of those
great old camera stores and he wants to survive and I want him to as
well.

Joel W.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012, at 06:39 PM, Bob Adler wrote:
> Go out and press the shutter button. Then all the joy will flood over you
> and you won't give a tangy tart about "the industry"!
>
> I'm out of commission for a week or so and won't have any new images to
> play with. Certainly not scared off and am sincerely delighting in
> meeting all the new folks of leic interests.
> Bob
>
> Bob Adler
> www.rgaphoto.com
>
> On Jun 15, 2012, at 3:50 PM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've been attending an ASMP meeting in Columbia all day.  Since I'm on the
> > board, I have to attend.  Today's seminar was by Jim Cavanaugh, former
> > president of ASMP.  It was very, very depressing about the future of the
> > photography business.
> >
> > I'll be in a funk for a few days debating what to do, but I'll be back.
> >
> > Tina

                          wherever you are