Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs

Subject: Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:45:07 -0400
Well, that's certainly part of it!  He's an architectural/aerial
photographer who was going bankrupt until he turned his business around by
slashing his fees 20% and giving all rights to his clients.  He emphasized
that it's a new world and we have to think of photography more in terms of
what the photo will be used for than in what we think it is worth.  He also
said he posts 3 photos a day on Facebook, Linked-In, and Google+ and
doesn't worry at all if someone steals them.  I just hate to see the value
of photography reduced to what microstock agencies are getting for their
photos!!  It's a new, cruel world :-(

Tina

PS:  I agree with everything you said about CNN, etc!

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder if it was a depressing message about the future of the photography
> business on account of digital becoming available to virtually everyone
> resulting in a dumbing down of the quality of output akin to CNN having
> dumbed down news journalism with its 15 sound bites and total lack of
> depth,
> frivolous news and commentary blogs putting amateur contributors on a
> pedestle while dedicated, experienced and professional journalists fade
> away
> since an ever declining number of people are attracted to quality in-depth
> writing.
>
> jh

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com