Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:50:03 +0100
There is no doubt in my mind (having a 4000ED, and having seen the results
of an Imacon scan) that the Imacon scanners, even the older models, can
squeeze much more out of the film image, in resolution and DMax. You have,
however, put your finger on a key advantage of the higher-end Nikon 35mm
scanners, the ability to accept the batch feeders. I don't know if the X5
can do batch scanning, my only experience was with the Precision II, but
there is an active and helpful user group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/imaconusers It ain't quite the OM list, but
then what could be?

If you don't need batch scanning and do need MF scanning, an older Imacon
beats a Nikon 8000/9000 for quality and price.

Piers