Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:51:29 -0700
On 6/16/2012 4:29 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Adaptec made good SCSI cards and they are plentiful and inexpensive on
> the Bay.  The problem is finding a modern computer that supports the
> cards with both a PCI bus and OS support for the driver.  You can do it
> easily and cheaply though if you want to dedicate something like an old
> XP machine to running the scanner.  Put it on the LAN and you're good to
> go.  Be aware that Windows does not have built-in support for Adaptec
> SCSI starting with Win2000.  You need to get the Windows drivers from
> Adaptec (or Chuck who has them stashed away :-))

I have a latish Adaptec running fine under Vista. But I don't recall whether
with Adaptec drivers or Ed Hamrick's
generic SCSI driver.

Someone posted here that my Canon is as fast on a recent windoze machine via
USB 2.0 HiSpeed as via SCSI. Something to
do with better USB implementation, as I recall. I've been meaning to run a
comparison, and maybe save some time and
trouble setting up my next machine.

Serial Interface Moose