Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs

Subject: Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 10:40:31 -0400
The Everglades is very comfortable in the winter and spring.  Also,
assuming that you're inland in fresh water (and not subject to saltwater
marsh mosquitoes) mosquitoes are not much of a problem during the day
whether in the marsh or the cypress swamp even in the summer.  When I
worked for Fish & Wildlife as a volunteer "roving interpreter" I could
spend almost the entire day in the cypress swamp and never get bitten by
a mosquito... assuming that you define "day" as from about 9am to 4pm.
I never wore insect repellent because I hate the stuff. But if the sun
is low or has set then watch out.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt