Re: [OM] Olympus' future plans

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus' future plans
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:28:27 +0100
Their five-year plan makes clear that only specific segments of the
photography business are significant for Olympus, based on technological
advantage, and that most manufacturing will be performed by sub-contractors.

My reading-between-the-lines concludes that the technological advantage
derives from the medical imaging business product development work. If so,
selling the camera division would be pointless, as it would have no value if
split from the medical imaging division.

Piers