Re: [OM] Olympus' future plans

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus' future plans
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:07:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > Not to continue pounding on the dead horse, but this wouldn't
> > surprise me and would be consistant with the other revelations
> > about the integrity of Olympus' accounting methods and business
> > management.
>
> Don't you people know that Olympus died after the E-1 came out
> and failed so miserably?  It was clearly posted on this list many
> times.

     The situation with Olympus is similar to that of Volkswagen after the
Rabbit destroyed their reputation for reliability.  It took many years before
they reinvented themselves and returned to the basic idea of a reliable and
affordable vehicle.

     I'm hoping that Olympus will dispense with the cheap consumer toy cameras
and return to the higher quality semiprofessional and beyond products that made
them serious competition for Nikon and Canon back in the day.  For now, their
business plan seems to have those overtones.

Chris