Re: [OM] MONOCHROME COMMMENT.

Subject: Re: [OM] MONOCHROME COMMMENT.
From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 08:57:33 -0700
Chuck Norcutt OFFERED:

>I can't imagine shooting 500-800 rolls of film in one go.  Maybe 1% of
> that.  :-)

Hi Chuck,

It's quite easy really when say your assignment is documenting wheat
harvesting on the Prairies for a month day break until sunset every day and
on many days after dark if the farmer must make repairs to a piece of
equipment. Or you are on assignmnt in the High Arctic for six weeks
documenting the crews working on the Polar Continental-shelf Project.

I never counted rolls almost from my earliest days starting May 27 1950. The
more you shoot by gut motivation the better you become as a photojournalist!
Well let's say....... "One should, if you have the magic in yur gut to
"SEE-SHOOT!"   :-) There is very little, if any analytical process that
creates a bunch of thinking, that in turn you miss the the magical moment
that triggered your initial gut/ soul/heart feeling!   CLICK!
cheers,
Dr ted
tedgrantphoto.com