Re: [OM] MONOCHROME COMMMENT.

Subject: Re: [OM] MONOCHROME COMMMENT.
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:09:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> >I can't imagine shooting 500-800 rolls of film in one go.
> > Maybe 1% of that.  :-)
>
>Hi Chuck,
>
> It's quite easy really when say your assignment is documenting
> wheat harvesting on the Prairies for a month day break until
> sunset every day and on many days after dark if the farmer must
> make repairs to a piece of equipment. Or you are on assignmnt
> in the High Arctic for six weeks documenting the crews working
> on the Polar Continental-shelf Project.
>
> I never counted rolls almost from my earliest days starting May
> 27 1950. The more you shoot by gut motivation the better you
> become as a photojournalist!  Well let's say....... "One should,
> if you have the magic in yur gut to "SEE-SHOOT!"   :-) There is
> very little, if any analytical process that creates a bunch of
> thinking, that in turn you miss the the magical moment that
> triggered your initial gut/ soul/heart feeling!   CLICK!

     When my dad went to airshows he would usually take a pair of press
photographer cameras that he's had converted to 620 format film.  And he would
also have a case of 620 film, which he eventually had to special order directly
from Kodak.  He also had a large number of prepaid processing mailers.  After
the airshow he would drop the mailers off at a post office.  He did this even
after he finally graduated to a medium format Mamiya.

Chris