[OM] [OT] Totally OT - first Photos with the new tamron 24-70 2.8 VC

Subject: [OM] [OT] Totally OT - first Photos with the new tamron 24-70 2.8 VC
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 18:06:20 -0400 (EDT)
Not too shabby considering some of the bad press it has received from
the canyon elitist.

IanW

Nice Ian, thank for that.  I would bet the Zuiko 35-80 rendering/bokeh
would be better in paired shots.  But if you need AF/VC ---well  you
need it.   The review on Photozone came out just recently:

http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff/741-tamron2470f28eosff

quite good review----"The Tamron AF 24-70mm f/2.8 SP Di USD VC is not a
perfect lens - none really are - but regarding the sum of its qualities
it is obviously the best standard zoom for Canon EOS at this stage - at
least till the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 USM L II enters the scene.
However, in any case it will be very hard to beat from a price
perspective!"

Background bokeh might be better than the Canyon 24-105 F4 IS.  Quite a
bit of vignetting wide open though that should be easy to correct.    I
think my favorite AF standard zoom would be the Contax N 24-85
converted to Canyon.  It is nearly symmetric at 85mm and has great
bokeh there  and a Zeiss type rendition with high  microcontrast.  No
IS though and the price has escalated.

Mike