Re: [OM] The Convenience of Digital Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] The Convenience of Digital Cameras
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:58:35 -0700

> > I was just curious and considered it a little challenge.  :-)
> > I was encouraged to follow up fully as soon as I saw the lead-in to the
> > DPReview article which said this was (then) a $600 camera.  I didn't
> > want to see it go in the trash because it wasn't clear how to operate
it.

>      I seriously want to give this one a try as there are many occasions
> where I would like to have a good camera with me but not the full-blown
> E-500.  The majority of P&S cameras are too much like children's toys,
> whereas this one feels and looks good.

    I just got a pair of cables for this Kodak DX7590 camera in the mail.
Came home, plugged one in, turned on the laptop, turned on the camera.  The
laptop immediately recognized the camera and right away I was downloading
photos.  The photos looked pretty nice, but I will need to get used to the
metering options so I can broaden it out in scenes that have a high degree
of light diversity.

    And just this morning I came across a spotless printer dock for it in a
thrift store for a mere $5.  All I need now is to find a 24VDC wall wart for
it, and those are fairly easy to come by.

Chris