Re: [OM] (OT) Ethical dilemma

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Ethical dilemma
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:20:16 -0400
  With this case, if I were in her position, there would be no dilemma.
Since she is not a medical professional she is under no obligation to
withhold medical care. I would have called the EMS and let them deal with
it. If he is conscious and still refuses care they would respect his wishes
and withhold care until he loses consciousness. If his legal next of kin or
someone with power of attorney then says to treat or not to treat, they
would respect those wishes. This applies if the person is 18 or older. When
the victim is a minor it becomes a bit more complicated and requires the
intervention of legal authorities.

Charlie