Re: [OM] Moon Wind and Fire

Subject: Re: [OM] Moon Wind and Fire
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 09:49:11 -0500
I like these other "takes" on the theme too. I had a very specific
subject in mind so I wasn't so much into making a pretty picture.
Seeing these other images pleases me as others were able to get the
shots I wasn't able to get.

As with Joel in the Peoples' Republic of Herky, I had a too-bright sky
to deal with in SW Iowa. I was OK looking through the viewfinder if I
had the lens stopped all the way down, but not really for long. So I
just slapped it into live-view and figured cameras were replaceable,
eyeballs aren't. I've experienced brighter sunsets, but this one was
pretty much at the limit of being able to really watch and enjoy it
set without wearing sunglasses. I believe my image was 1/4000 at F8 at
ISO 100.

It absolutely floors me that most of us photographers forgot about
this eclipse. I can't believe we were all living under rocks.

;)

AG