Re: [OM] Moon Wind and Fire

Subject: Re: [OM] Moon Wind and Fire
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:54:14 -0500
On Wed, May 23, 2012, at 06:29 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
>  >http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox
> >
> > It was the first time I had experienced an eclipse at sunset.
> > Not much, but a memorial for the occasion.
> >

>      This is very nicely composed, especially with the eclipse set aside
>      from centre.  With the silhoutted tree in the left foreground
>      there's a deeper sense to the scene.

Nice of you to say, Chris.  Thanks.

This was a very bright sunset as it is very dry here right now, so not
much humid atmosphere to bring down the intensity.  I was not able to
look at the sun directly and I didn't look at it directly through the
viewfinder either, keeping my eye on the tree to compose.  I didn't set
up the tripod to use LV because of the wind.  I had to brace myself
against the back of my car as it was.  I could never tell the eclipse
was happening until I chimped and saw it is the photo.

The clouds sort of disguise the eclipse effect.  Can't decide whether
that's a good thing or not.  It's what it is.  Can't really complain as
I wouldn't have "seen" the eclipse at all except through the photograph.

Joel W.