Re: [OM] Chris Cawford Indiana

Subject: Re: [OM] Chris Cawford Indiana
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 07:31:36 -0700
> I tend to find the endless flatness of parts of the Midwest only holds my
> interest briefly.
That's how I felt earlier in my life. As a kid we lived close to 4000'
foothills rising abruptly. Comforting. Not so for my grandmother from
Illinois. She wouldn't go outside at night as the "hulking shadows"
freaked her out.

Now I have become quite fond of the wide open plains of the inland west.
Still there are real mountains on the distant horizons for relief. We
are headed there in a few days for our spring trip. What I find
depressing are flat wooded plains. No distant horizons. Parts of
Alabama, Arkansas, etc. come to mind. Nor does it help that the area is
a third world country.

Mike