Re: [OM] IMG: An Infrequent Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: An Infrequent Visitor
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 08:42:42 -0500
On Wed, May 9, 2012, at 12:03 PM, SwissPace wrote:
> I remember they did a turbo version of the CX650 but as a spotty 18 year
> old I much preferred my CB900 ;-)
>
> there were a few others who used the configuration other than BMW and
> Honda, Douglas Brough and even Harley had a go at it

Not many people know that about Harley.  I think they made about 1000
desert "hogs" for the fight in N.Africa with Rommel, etc.  I saw number
901 in Wellman, Iowa, many years ago.  I was riding my uncle's old 74
c.i. Harley at the time and the guy who owned it stocked parts for the
old knuckleheads.  I earnestly wished that he would have asked if I'd
like to try to get it started.

Joel W.