Re: [OM] 135 Macro (gasp...)

Subject: Re: [OM] 135 Macro (gasp...)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 13:12:32 -0700
On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
>> Rays and Stamens
>> http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/128/c/c/rays_and_stamens_by_philosomatographer-d4yxbfb.jpg
>> (135/4.5 Macro wide open, Adox CHS Art 25, kitchen-sink developed in
>> D76 1+1)

This has the wholehearted Moose stamp of approval for both bokeh and the smooth
way the OOF transitions happen.

Subject and composition are nice, as well. The tonal qualities bring out
qualities that I probably wouldn't notice with
what I imagine are bright colors. ;-)

I'm not wild about the bright, OOF petal in the lower front, but that in no way
reflects on lens/film. I would simply
have burned it in enough to tone down the brightness. In a static situation,
shade could have been added there before
shooting. The old theater cry comes to mind "Down in front!" :-)

Happy Bokeh Moose