Re: [OM] 135 Macro (gasp...)

Subject: Re: [OM] 135 Macro (gasp...)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 21:36:15 +0200
You won't be sorry - it's extraordinary.

I'm also shooting CMS 20 (at ISO12) which is about as extreme as 35mm
film gets - have not developed my images yet, but I doubt there is any
point, especially since it's a microfilm that requires special
chemicals to get normal tones out of it. If CHS Art 25 doesn't have
the resolution and smooth tones you want, you are crazy.

Leica "aficionado" Ernst Puts is convinced that CMS 20 in 35mm exceeds
even the Leica S2, but not even the Leica M lenses at their best can
resolve to the limits of this film. I am guessing that CHS Art 25 - at
around half the resolution - is good enough indeed. This is the first
time ever that 12x16in from 35mm excites me, instead of just being
"pretty OK".

Dawid