Re: [OM] Alt Dot Moose

Subject: Re: [OM] Alt Dot Moose
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:41:53 -0700
Thanks to all who commented, in whichever direction. :-)

On 4/19/2012 8:44 PM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012, at 02:37 PM, Moose wrote:
>> Here's one recent result - that I think I may like. Well, OK, I like it, but
>> I'm not sure how. Feel free to "run screaming or 'purchase' as [your] hearts
>> and heads dictate."
>> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Alt_Dot_Moose&image=_MG_6246_47rotoof30.jpg>
> I find it an interesting image.  Sounds like faint praise, maybe, but I
> like looking at it, wondering what the stuff flying through it is.
> Especially because of the latter point, I don't worry too much about how
> it was sharpened or the color balance or levels and curves and noise.
> It seems less ego-tormented and/or compulsive (not that I am attributing
> those qualities to present company).  What camera and lens was used is
> irrelevant.
>
> Please keep going. :)

And special thanks to you, Joel, for 'getting it' and saying how.

I just looked again, after several days, and I still like looking at it. Not
knowing, or caring how it was created is a
significant part of the 'point'.

And thanks to Chris, who I think 'gets' it.   It's not that I don't also
appreciate other reactions, they are important
to me too. But evidence that I may be on a right track for at least some folks
makes me:

Gratified Moose