Re: [OM] Alt Dot Moose 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Alt Dot Moose 2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:59:30 -0700
On 4/20/2012 11:33 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
> Interesting experiment - looks like it was shot using an old, cheap, phone
> camera from a moving vehicle.
>
> Just consider this as an experiment Moose and move on !

Ah, at least one person, among the 10s who looked, was moved to comment. :-)

Perhaps I need a different context.

Imagine yourself in a modest gallery, perhaps of an artist's co-op, where there
is a wide array of different media,
styles and talents on display.

Across the room from where you've started going through the gallery, you notice
this image among others, maybe 1.5-2
feet wide. The distance and the nature of the surrounding images is such that
there is no external clue as to medium.

Would you be inclined to move closer, or note that you want to see it better
when you get there? Or maybe feel like
looking or moving away?

I'm interested in pure image, separate from source or medium.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Alt_Dot_Moose&image=_MG_6192fpb.jpg>

I could easily have made a "good" shot of these trees @ 300 mm. But I tried a
shorter focal length, full pixel crop and
possibly unusual processing.  There's a chance it might be about the essential
overall visual nature of Monterrey
Cypresses, without the distraction of details. ;-)

Artistically Aspirational Moose