Re: [OM] What's all this about Deconvolution? [was Happy ... ]

Subject: Re: [OM] What's all this about Deconvolution? [was Happy ... ]
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:07:56 -0500
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012, at 07:25 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

> When I use FM it just seems easier to use the 32 bit PS.  How to you
> switch conveniently back and forth?

I have Faststone set up with keyboard shortcuts to various programs.  FM
exists as a plug-in in my 32-bit version of PS.  All ORFs now get
converted via LR, but I save and then access the new saved version via
FS and open for final job-bits in Photoshop, including sharpening, using
a FS keyboard shortcut. Maybe that doesn't seem sufficiently convenient,
but it is to me.

My version of LR is 64-bit and PS is 32.  Doesn't seem to matter to
anyone, although PS is not as stable on this machine as I might wish.
This amounts to no more than getting a message saying it needs to close
and then re-opening it.  I attribute this to the inimical way PS uses
memory and disk.

Of course, that might not have been the question you were asking.  I
haven't been successful at all using FM as a stand-alone.  It doesn't
seem to be able to find enough available memory when I do that.  Seems
dumb as a post as a stand-alone.  I'm sure there's a way to get it
working, but I just use it under the covers of PS and probably would
anyway.

Joel W.