Re: [OM] (OM) OT ... Sacrilege? Sedition??

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT ... Sacrilege? Sedition??
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:30:16 -0500
Bob,

Your discussions strike a note with me.  While I have never taken photos for
sale to anyone, I have found myself thinking, as Spring flowers appear, or
birds show up, or as airplanes are sighted, "can I improve on what I did
with similar subjects in past years?"  I try different lenses, have gone
back to film in a rangefinder, try to recall Moose's comments in the past,
etc.  My images end up in my LUG gallery, where they are either ignored, or
gather a few comments.  Many of the comments, both positive and negative,
help me to improve my work as I see it, but I don't expect a "break out"
moment, when everything is wonderful.  And I don't think that spending $15K
on new gear will make much difference. :~(

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA