[OM] Time/Timeline: was: Change of car

Subject: [OM] Time/Timeline: was: Change of car
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:44:02 -0400
You're absolutely right.  I have no idea what a FB timeline system is.
But it could be that it's short lived... or maybe never lived at all.
I've been reading Julian Barbour's "The End of Time".  Mr. Barbour has
been working for years and years to resolve the discrepancies between
the relativistic physics of the macro world and the very stranger
physics of the quantum world.  You see, there is no problem except for
the pesky notion of time.  Solution:  Time does not exist.  It greatly
simplifies those messy formulae and also conveniently does away with the
Facebook timeline system because, of course, it can't really exist...
well at least in the "normal" way.

If it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about I don't.  I've
spent the past week or so slowly plodding through Barbour's book and,
just as soon as I think I understand it, comes something else that tells
me I'm not there yet.  I'm very frustrated at not understanding
something that has relatively little mathematics in it.  :-)

ISBN 978-0-7358-1010-0 by www.orionbooks.co.uk has been out of print for
some years.  I had to order mine from a used book shop in the UK.  Looks
near new.  Maybe the original owner didn't get all the way through it.
I should stop poking my head into the quantum wierdness.
:-)

Chuck Norcutt