Re: [OM] Time/Timeline: was: Change of car

Subject: Re: [OM] Time/Timeline: was: Change of car
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 08:15:20 -0400
Reminds me of a YouTube video I stumbled across a while back. It was a lecture
by a noted (that means I'd heard of him) physicist about why time's arrow
points forward. After all, according to the lecture, most of the laws of
physics work either way, with time going forward or time going backwards. But
it doesn't go backwards. Why not? is the question. I confess I thought at the
time I had a glimmer of understanding, but as I write this I realize whatever
light I once had now is extinguished. And no, it wasn't something so simple as
entropy. That's a symptom, not the disease.

--Bob