Re: [OM] And yet another dog photo

Subject: Re: [OM] And yet another dog photo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:12:49 -0500
> I normally do masked sharpening layers for portraits (sharpen the eyes,
> eyebrows, lips, etc. separately from the rest of the image (which may,
> in fact, be slightly blurred instead).  But I can't recall any specifics
> of masked sharpening on other than people.

I used to do the masked sharpening layers for exactly what you
describe, but most of the time I just just paint in my selective
sharpening with the sharpening pen. In the case of Lightroom, it's
even easier. (Lightroom makes almost everything easier).

At some point, in my assimulation into the world of PWP, I was
grousing about the lack of layers for this very reason. I wanted to
apply a masked sharpening when it occured to me that I was being an
idiot. Just edit the stinking image and don't worry about layers. It
was a real duh moment.

AG