Re: [OM] Better color

Subject: Re: [OM] Better color
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:16:16 -0400
Well, thank you. But another little secret is that colors and hues are
infinitely manipulatible in high-end post-processing. The trick is whether your
eye is sufficiently talented to recall how it looked off-sensor, that is, how
it actually looked. In a workshop I took a while back we had a color exercise
where the instructor put a color on a screen, told us to study it for 20
seconds, then replaced it with another color and took it down. We had to
recreate the original color on our computers. You would not believe the
variation, which was a lesson to me in how post-processing can take an image a
long way from the way the scene might have looked to the average observer.
Modestly, I also must confess that I won the contest hands down, with mo more
than about a 10 percent drift from the original color. Therefore, I believe my
colors are true colors. <g>

--RGBob