Re: [OM] How'd they do that?

Subject: Re: [OM] How'd they do that?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:31:43 -0500
> By the way, my Sony Bravia tv does it by itself too - even has a few
> sample images built in - and a usb socket for a flash drive. I was
> also unable to convince swmbo to wall-hang it just for my photos.

Three nights a week I stay in a home of some friends. A couple days
ago, I got there after work and they asked me to help them out with
their new TV. It's a brand spanken new 54 inch Bravia LED TV with all
the trimmings. Sorry, but that menu system is beyond irksome...
Anyway, it has the USB ports, Internet inteface and so forth on it.
Image quality is excellent.

Would it kill Sony to put some decent speakers in the thing?

Anyway, everything is hooked up, remotes programmed, instruction
manuals decoded and users trained. Internet linked up, subscriptions
filled. Earned my keep for the week. It did have me bewildered for a
few minutes, though. Sony likes to redefine technical terms.

What really impressed me with this Sony is that the built-in scaler
for standard-def television is very good. Only on the rarest of
occasions does the image processor choke on it and cause artifacts. A
far cry from anything I've seen with any other flat-panel TV to date.
A big time "wow".

Playing the Wii takes on a whole new dimension. It also made watching
"Airplane Repo" pretty interesting too.

AG