Re: [OM] How'd they do that?

Subject: Re: [OM] How'd they do that?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:42:52 -0400
Immaterial.  Following Jez's suggestion I just burned 96 images onto a
DVD, stuck it into my new BlueRay player and it's now playing a
slideshow.  No music but the timing and transitions between images are
selectable.

As I said, I've seen this before on someone else's TV set.  I thought it
was a function of a smart TV set reading the disk on the player.  But
it's clearly a function of the player since to control it I have to use
the player's controller.

Maybe my old DVD player at home does it too.  But this new BlueRay
player is going back home and the old DVD player is coming south.

I'd say I just obsoleted my relatively new 15" NIX digital photo player
except that my wife is unlikely to relinquish wall space for a large,
wall hung, flat screen TV dedicated to showing my images.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt