Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 Macro + Pan F = Smile
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:01:17 +0200
On 14 Mar 2012, at 4:26 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

>> The water lily shot goes so far as to have actual donuts in the far
>> right
>> background, like a mirror lens.
>
> You can blame the aspherical elements and over-correction for this.
> Very typical and classic rendition of OOF highlights for highly
> corrected lenses with apsherical elements.

Ken, I was not under the impression that *any* of the OM lenses
contained aspherical elements, much as this has been speculated before
on some of the better ones. What information do you base this on?
Olympus' line drawing of the 250/2 sure *looks* like on element is
aspherical, but I always discounted this as an artifact of bad
printing (or bad drawing!) in the OM System Lens Handbook.

Very curious -
Dawid