Re: [OM] FYI - Kirk did a nice preview of the OMD

Subject: Re: [OM] FYI - Kirk did a nice preview of the OMD
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:43:23 -0500
> What is "focus peaking"?

Wherever you have a sharp edge of contrast in the image, a line lights up.

It's both cool and quite irritating. I'm not as hip on it as Michael
Richtmann, but it does have it's place.

It actually reminds me, in some sort of sick way, of the Nikon
focusing screen which was entirely made up of the microprism mesh.
Absolutely the most horrid screen for composing on but was pretty cool
for focusing because the subject would snap together when it was in
focus.

AG