Re: [OM] OM-D higher ISO samples

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D higher ISO samples
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:41:15 -0500
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012, at 02:13 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > Sony?
> >> Yes, the OM-D would be extremely tempting in full frame format.  Who
> >> will be first with a full frame mirrorless camera?
>

> Strangly, I wonder about this. Sony is likely to redirect their
> interests where the big dollars are. Video. They'll maintain a nice
> presence in the prosumer level of still cameras, but I'm really
> wondering if they will stay the course when it comes to full-frame.
> There's already evidences to this.

I'm wondering what the point of doing FF is other than it helps your
clients keep their legacy glass in action.  It appears that Olympus can
do high-quality capture on 1/4 the real estate.  If Olympus seemed boxed
in by the 4/3 decision, it seems now that the worm is turning and C and
N are boxed by having to support FF.  FF will appear to have been a
bridge until the smaller sensor bodies could catch up, and maybe now
they have.

Joel W.