Re: [OM] Occasional Flower, not on Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] Occasional Flower, not on Friday
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:15:15 -0400
Agreed, quite lovely.  But I'm only mildly surprised that it took -2 1/3
EV to get the right exposure.  If shooting by meter (not often) I
regularly shoot -2/3 and sometimes as low as -1 1/3.  But if there is
ever a blown channel on the 5D beyond that it's about 90% certain to be
red.  I'm a strong candidate for the first camera that tells me in no
uncertain terms that a channel will be blown on x % of pixels beyond the
ability of the raw file's latitude to recover.

Chuck Norcutt