Re: [OM] IMG: Cirrus in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cirrus in B&W
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:05:52 -0400
I've probably shown this here before but here goes again
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/dust%20spec%20test/index.htm>

There are two images here taken with my Minolta A1.  The A1 has an f/2.8
lens and uses a 49mm filter.  I don't have the camera with me but would
guess the clear aperture at about 45mm.

One of the shots is with an unobstructed lens.  The other has a 1/2"
square piece of electrical tape stuck in the middle of it and
obstructing about 10% of the surface area.  Probably much less area than
the gouge you were talking about.

The third image on the page is a paired 1:1 pixel view of the flower
details from both shots.  Can you tell the difference?  Maybe.  Could
you tell the difference at 50% rather than 100%.  I doubt it.

Chuck Norcutt