Re: [OM] IMG: Cirrus in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cirrus in B&W
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:20:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> Cool story.  Too bad about the 28-90 but if you really
> want it for a working lens (as opposed to a shelf queen)
> you can probably fill that gouge with India ink.
> Observers of the lens will know something is wrong but
> there's a good chance that observers of the images it
> produces won't know it at all.

     I looked at it longingly, wondering if the gouge would impair the images
as I had seen online demonstrations of even worse damage being unnoticable.
But when I saw the 28-105mm for just $15 it was all over.

     There was an easily repairable 28-90mm on eBay yesterday.  The price
rocketed to about $45 five hours before closing, but this morning I saw that it
sold for around $22.  Someone must have withdrawn a bid, but it doesn't appear
in the bidding history.

Chris