Re: [OM] Changes coming on Zone-10

Subject: Re: [OM] Changes coming on Zone-10
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:58:53 -0600
> Yes, I'm looking forward to that day in the future when someone says to
> me, "That's a great photo.  You must have a really good phone."

Well, over the past two months I've taken almost no pictures with the
digital cameras. Almost everything has been film and cellphone.

Honestly, it has less to do with the size/portability/always available
aspect of the phone, but it has almost everything to do with the fact
I can upload the pictures directly from the phone immediately and
wirelessly anywhere where I'm at.

Imagine for a second that fancy new OM-D with a 3G/4G module that
slides into the hotshoe or is buried in the accessory handgrip. I'd be
all over that. The EyeFi is getting closer, but still requires a WiFi
connection. A 3G/4G/WiFi version of that card would be terrific.

But the camera manufacturers usually are right about their products,
but not necessarily for the right reasons.

AG