[OM] backup or snyc

Subject: [OM] backup or snyc
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:52:46 -0500 (EST)
So far I've been using Shadowprotect to clone the primary HD. It had 5
lens cap rating from my nephew and is faster/more compact than the
others I looked into. One can get email or even tel support from a real
knowledgeable engineer--tested that even pre-sale. It is a bit pricier
than free though with a teaching appointment was able to get an
educational discount. I suppose syncing non primary HD with the OS
makes sense as not to be stuck with a proprietary compressed image but
I don't have auxiliary drives (yet) to worry about. Acronis tech
support is reported to be lousy at best, but if all works than it
doesn't matter. I prefer insurance with help with a bare metal restore
if required.

Note win 7 recovery -preinstallation environment (win PE) does NOT
support USB 3.0 so one has to load the driver manually or be sure the
drive is seen in USB 2.
That's a Microsoft thing and I doubt they'll fix it with win 8 in the
picture.  MS knew about this from day 1.

Shadow fan (so far), Mike