Re: [OM] backup or snyc

Subject: Re: [OM] backup or snyc
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:05:43 -0500
I also use SyncBack and Acronis.  Acronis is only used to make clones of
the boot drives for my desktop and laptop machines.  That gets done on a
very irregular schedule.

I use SyncBack pretty much as you describe.  The D drive in my computer
is tasked with storing images and a few miscellaneous things like my
email logs.  Whenever I do a significant amount of photo taking and
processing SyncBack is used to mirror the D drive to an eSATA drive
setting on the floor next to the computer and always attached.

When the spirit moves me (infrequently) I begin to think about fires and
other assorted disasters.  That causes me to go fetch my secondary eSATA
backup drive from it storage location outside of and well away from the
house.  Syncback is used again to create a second mirror which is then
returned to its hidey-hole.

If the house were to burn down I could lose perhaps a day to a months
worth of images and emails... but not everything.

Chuck Norcutt