Re: [OM] Sky falling in on Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Sky falling in on Kodachrome
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:40:44 -0600
>      Comet fragments and meteors in the dead of the night far away from
> urban noise can be amazing.  If the upper atmophere is calm you can hear a
> faint "whoosh".  I've heard it twice now, always out in the middle of bloody
> nowhere.

I was reading something about that a couple years ago. I too have
heard meteors as they turn into little fireballs. The laws of physics
say that it's impossible.

But according to this research, it has something to do with the
generation of radio frequencies as it passes through the ionosphere or
something like that. The RF signal is either exciting our brain tissue
or is making loose dirt move. I don't remember the details as I must
have read this article late at night in an attempt to bore myself to
sleep.

Whatever causes it, it is neat.

AG