Re: [OM] Friday flowering tree

Subject: Re: [OM] Friday flowering tree
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:36:11 -0800
On 2/21/2012 2:59 PM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Moose, I wonder if during 1980 you ever imagined those KM could be
> digitized, and the resulting file shown / shared through something we
> now take from granted, the internet. Me, I didn't.

Nor did I.

> I was happy when I managed to afford a large print from KM, or any
> other positive film. Printing positive film here was not only
> expensive, it was almost impossible.

I wasn't happy when I did that. It was too expensive and I had limited funds,
so I almost never went with the best. What
I got was nothing like the slide. One exception was a Cibachrome that I got
free as a demo (At the time, I was a fairly
big buyer of photo products for my employer.) It was quite nice.

That's one of the reasons I embraced scanning and inkjet printing fairly early.
I could make MUCH better prints from
both slides and negs for much less money than before.

> The first time I could pay for one, the only photographer here in
> Montevideo who was able to print a positive, did such so well that I
> won a first prize in a photo contest organized by the Uruguayan
> Medical Syndicate (a completely amateur contest, btw. )
> <http://www.smu.org.uy/>. It was published in its Calendar, mixed with
> poorly photographed paintings and sculptures. This contest continued
> until 2007, now it's no longer sponsored due to many reasons. I won
> the last two events, one from scanned Provia and the other with
> scanned KM.

That's quite wonderful!

Print Me Moose