Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:31:32 -0800
On 2/20/2012 11:40 PM, SwissPace wrote:
> I like that shot but the out of focus eye of my mother has been
> disturbing me so I have been trying some deconvolution programs to see
> if I can correct it but my first attempts just bring out the detail in
> the skin which makes it very uncomplimentary.

I don't think you will find anything that will sharpen it to match the biting
focus on the other cheek and around the
other eye. But then do you really want that?

Using different amounts of FM with masks, one can easily give the impression
that the closer eye is sharp, even though
it still isn't very sharp. By brightening the white of that eye (maybe too
much) and softening the other cheek, the
nearer eye becomes the natural place for the eye to notice, without the
comparison of a much sharper area. And it looks
pretty sharp at web size.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Swiss/Cai_and_his_Nanan.htm>

I suspect it would look good at least up to 8x10.

Focusing Moose