Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures of Wales
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:28:35 +0100
Thanks Chris,

Unfortunately the photos were taken over a few days, but considering the
weather we left behind it was like a summer  beach holiday ;-)

Yes it is a hefty setup but I love the quality I see from that
combination, the 21/2 dissapoints me and I should really have taken my
24/2.8 instead. As yet I am also dissapointed with my little pen
especially regarding battery life, control and even picture quality when
conditions are not ideal. I am also having some troubles with my hands
so I am in the market for a smaller system. Although in the pen's
defence I have seen some remarkably good images posted recently but I
don't really have the time to make sure the situations are ideal before
taking a shot which is where the 5D2 excels

I have some nice m4/3rd lenses so I am sort of hoping that the new OM-D
will deliver the goods, but as my wife has expressed her wish for a
better camera this birthday she could possibly inherit that system (with
an OM-D maybe) because I really think the new Fuji will be what I have
been searching for I love the idea of the manual controls.

I will however wait until both have been out in the field and some hands
on reviews are available.

Cai is doing really well at the moment, the only wish is that we could
find someone to look after him so that we can get a break now and again,
there were huge cutbacks by the invalidity insurance which means our
nursing hours got cut, this I accept and am not moaning about it because
although he still has the open stoma he is no longer such a risk, BUT
we have tried through another organisation who provide nurses for a fee,
even one of his old nurses joined to look after him but after one
weekend with him at her home  she promptly resigned, we have had a few
others come to look at him and refuse there and then and others who have
come once or twice to look after him and then stopped coming, Kerstin
will start her new study next month and has been looking since last
october for someone to look after Cai for one afternoon a week and is no
nearer finding someone, On the opposite side of the coin however with
little  Luc we have trouble getting him back when anyone looks after him!

Sorry for the moan but I feel better now and also sorry repeating the
first sentence from Chucks reply in my reply to Andrew

IanW

P.S. My mother is decluttering and asked which photo I would like, my
stepfather when he retired was presented with photo of a tornado (adv if
I remember correctly) signed by the test team so I  suggested that one,
the relatively recent talk of the lightning brought back memories as he
loved flying in that which they used as a tornado chase plane. If I get
a chance I will scan the photo as maybe you will recognise some of the
signatures.