Re: [OM] Focusing accuracy with EMF adapters (was "Re: Iowa Zuikofest re

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing accuracy with EMF adapters (was "Re: Iowa Zuikofest redux")
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:06:15 -0500
It might be instructive to review the "phase detection" section of the
Wiki article on autofocus.  Phase detection works by taking views from
opposite sides of the lens to form a rangefinder.  The base dimension of
the rangefinder depends on lens diameter and larger = more accurate. I
don't see anything there to indicate a frequency effect although
tungsten light implies low light.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autofocus#Phase_detection>

Chuck Norcutt