Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Zuikofest redux
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 23:24:31 -0600
> I'd put it down to your familiarity with both of the 100s - more comfortable
> hold, etc.

In regards to the 90/2, I'd agree with you there. That lens definitely
feels different than other Zuikos. Probably a bit more like the 35-80
in how the balance is shifted outward. But the 85/2 and 100/2.8 are
essentially identical lenses.

Familiarity is also a potential issue. I have always known how to get
that extra something out of the 100/2.8. It's been an easy lens to
love. But why is it that both 100mm lenses had the viewfinder snap,
but the 85/2 and 90/2 didn't?

I'm really looking forward to doing a controlled, scientific test. Not
that it matters too much to me from the perspective of what I should
buy next, but because the results may be of interest to the average
www.zone-10.com visitor.

AG